earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年9月26日金曜日

What should i expect while staying in Japan? -

What should i be prepared to run into when i go to Japan? I m going to go there as an exchange student and i just wanted to know, what are some things i should expect or be prepared to run into while staying? Also, i hear you get treated horribly over there even if you respect their ways. But i also hear that they treat you really good and are very nice to you. Which is more true?

I too went to Japan as an exchange student. While I was there, I never met anyone who was rude to me in any way. The people there are amazingly kind and respectful. However, they did give me funny looks when I attempted to speak Japanese. (My Japanese at the time was very poor.) So I would highly suggest that if you don t already know Japanese take some time to at least learn the basics so you can function. Also, the Japanese are very quiet people from what I ve seen and heard. They might not take to an overly boisterous person too well. Over all, just be sure to have a good time. The trip you are about to take is amazing. Be sure to take LOTS of pictures. And also be sure to take your own batteries. Batteries in Japan are REALLY expensive!! Have fun!

I dont know about being there for a long time, but i just came back yesterday from 2 weeks in japan.. and EVERYONE was very friendly and helpful even when they couldn t speak much english.. I m a muslim girl so i was wearing a scarf there, and if i were in any other country people would definitely stare and a lot might be unfriendly and give me bad looks, but that wasn t the case in japan. I m sure i looked a bit weird to them, but everyone was extremely nice and although i caught people staring when they thought i wasn t watching, they were not rude in any way and would just smile and look away.. thats really a big deal, since im half english but don t feel safe in england and everyone stares and is rude.. I think you ll be fine.. i hope so.. ganbatte in your studies there..

Most Japanese citizens treat foreigners pretty well, and more often than not with more consideration (assuming you do seem like you are new to the country and their language). Some oddities you might wanna know about Japan: - most strangers are highly courteous, so if you can, learn to say quot;sumimasenquot; (excuse me) as opposed to quot;gomen nasaiquot; (sorry) - the convenient stores like 7-11 carry a very wide variety of goods and products so make sure to check them out if you need a notebook/pen, etc. - if you ever need help on the street and are in need of someone who speaks a little English, catch the attention of someone who looks like a university student; they re the ones that know English. - people on the streets with white masks over their mouth have colds, not fatal diseases of any sort. - it s a pretty kinky country so don t be surprised if you see any perverse media/products in open public spaces. - remember there are no streets, just stations and districts. - the majority of ATM machines close when the bank closes. Have fun and good luck!

I went to Japan for 10 days last March. I ve never been around such a friendly group of people! Not once did I run into a rude Japanese! Even when I was walking the streets of Tokyo, I would have 3-4 people ask if they could help (they could speak English and Japanese) each day. It s a super busy place but I ve never felt more safe. I m not a huge sushi person (I don t like it for every meal) so I ended up living off fruits, food I brought with me, and going to places like KFC and McDonalds. Also, the cheese on cheese pizzas is actually mayonaise. So you may want to stay away from that. Good luck and have fun!

I have seen not a single person in my five years of living here that I could ever say was treated horribly by a Japanese person. Japanese people are very aware of how they treat foreigners, and go out of their way to treat them with a friendly and respectful manner for the sake of the image of Japan. And many of them are curious and simply want to become friend as well, so you should have no fear. The country with the lowest crime rate in the world isn t that way without a reason. Come and love it like everyone else!

Everyone is different, depends on how well you adapt and how well you re used to different things. Someone from New York City is going to have a different experience in adaptation then someone from small town Kentucky. quot;i hear you get treated horribly over there even if you respect their ways. But i also hear that they treat you really good and are very nice to you. Which is more true?quot; It is middle of the road. Try to learn and know certain customs, people will generally be nice and attempt to correct you if you do something totally wrong, as a foreigner you re given some leeway if you do something wrong. Just don t blatantly disregard customs.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿