earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年4月26日土曜日

How much money should I take to Japan? -

I m going to Japan,Osaka, for 11 days.My hotel and flight have already been payed for. How much money would you advise me to take? I ve never been there,so I ll need to buy some small gifts for friends and family.Roughly 8 people.I ll have my breakfast in the hotel,so I ll have to pay for lunch and dinner. I wont be leaving the city because its business trip,but Im sure to have time to have a look around.I will be taking visa card.how much backup cash is advisable to have.Can anyone help?

The shopping is amazing in Japan...and in Osaka downtown...but, yes, you could use your credit card. If you want to make sure you don t overspend, I d take cash with you and that way you can limit yourself. Food is relatively cheap in Japan compared to Accommodation and Transport. You can get a cheap meal for under 1000yen (noodle bars/24 hour shops) but the skies the limit for how much you could spend, depending on which restaurants you choose. As a guess, I d say, the minimum you d need per day is 2500yen (lunch and dinner)...converted to $s is about $23 (say $25) to round it up and so I d take around $275 in cash for the 11 days.

10,000 yen a day is a reasonable amount to have if you are planning on sightseeing, eating out, drinking etc(6000 yen without booze). If you get your lunch at a convenience store then that is only about 500 yen, then splash out in the evening (about 2-3000 yen). There is loads to see and do in Osaka so if you don`t spend it all on one day, roll it over till the next day. You won`t find many places that accept cards, Japan is a bit behind like that, strictly cash, just to be on the safe side. Also, travellers checks are not much use here either. As for presents, there are loads of places selling souveniers pretty cheaply(500-1000 yen). It depends what kind of things you want to buy as presents. If you run out of money then you can use foreign credit cards in the ATMs in post offices and citibank (if there is one). Enjoy yourself.

Have enough cash to cover 4,000 yen per day (about 20 quid) for food, drinks, tube/bus and sundries. You may not spend it all, but just in case. Do not rely on plastic - for posh restaurants and department store purchases only.

Use plastic.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿