earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年8月25日月曜日

What was the most embarrassing thing you did while in japan? -

just curious. i am planning on studying in japan in the next year or so and was just wondering if anyone who has visited japan/ staying with a host family. what was the most embarrassing thing u did and what did u do after u found out what u did was bad or disrespectful. or if u are japaneses what was the most embarrassing thing u saw a foreigner did.

I heard you can buy used underwear in vending machines in Japan.

Not slurping my noodles. I know that sounds weird but when I was in Tokyo last summer, i noticed that everybody eating noodles would be slurping up their noodles through their chopsticks and i was told by my colleagues that it was the japanese way of showing that the food was delicious. Oh, and another thing, if you re eating sushi, try not to dip it in soy sauce (they re purists there) and don t leave any food behind on your plate, no matter how weird it looks (I had to eat a live, headless shrimp once, and honest to god, it was still moving between my chopsticks!). I was told that chefs take offense to those things.

I was at a resturaunt and I was eating the rice that came with our meal. I would finish my bowl and then the waitress would refill it, so not wanting to be rude I ate that bowl, and she refilled it, and it went on like this for about 4 bowls of rice and when I felt like I was going to puke because I was so full, a Japanese girl from the table next to ours leaned over and told me that in Japan if you eat all of you rice, that means you want more. If you dont want any more then leave a small scoop in the bottom of the bowl.

I was asking for directions in Namba, and a cute girl decided to help me out. I asked her where Midosuji was, and she was going in the same direction, so she walked me in the right direction. As we were walking, she started rubbing my shoulder and all of a sudden latched onto me. I tried to get her to stop, but she held on to me tighter and was feeling me up with her breasts mashing into my arm. Needless to say, this was quite arousing. I got an erection in the middle of Namba with hundreds of people passing by, and a group of japanese youngsters laughing at me.

Most Japanese are very quot;forgivingquot; of foreign visitors for two reasons. Firstly because most Japanese consider foreigners quot;savagesquot; anyway and secondly most Japanese will rarely utter a negative word against you, you will usually not even know you may have done something considered rude or culturally insensitive. That doesnt mean they don t privately consider you a savage lol. However, most Japanese will be pleased if you at least attempt to respect their intricate ideas of etiquette even if they dont like foreigners. Wearing shoes inside is a big no no. Wearing the wrong slippers in the wrong place is not good. The toilet slippers are only for the toilet. NEVER walk on Tatami (woven mats common in Japan) with shoes on. Put your phone in silent mode when on public transport and dont talk on it. Texting is OK. (I wish my country had this) Dont stab your chopsticks into your rice from above, bad. Never give anyone money unless its in an envelope. Don t take photos of Budha unless it says its ok. Japanese are not big on physical contact, big hugs etc will not win any favours. There are many more things. Gaijin cannot win. Just be polite, respectful in your own way and watch what how other Japanese around you behave. And if you are not sure, just ask. All the Japanese people I have met delighted in confounding me with their unique ways. Finally, if someone in Japan comments on how good your Japanese is, dont get a big head. Japanese will say that no matter how tragic your Japanese language is. Truth is, many Japanese do not speak Japanese well. Many Japanese can not read all kanji well. Many Japanese will break their own etiquette without even thinking about it. Having said all that, Japanese will generally make you feel incredibly welcome and will go right out of their way to help you out. There are many doors closed to foreigners in Japan but sometimes that is merely because the Japanese are unsure how to provide service to foreigners and fear trying to do so. They prefer to provide no service rather than bad service. If you go ahead and visit Japan I am sure you will have an amazing time there. It is the only westernised country left that is quot;differentquot; and although some aspects of Japan are sliding towards the ways of the rest of the western world (ie crime rates) it will take a long time to get there.

Haha. I have loads of stories to tell you then. I was at a sushi bar with my family and I was eating sushi, of course. And then my uncle said something really really really funny and I started choking in the bar. Haha..And the chef looked at me really weird and then he gave me a napkin..Haha. I m not a foreigner though. Just a typical Japanese girl in Japan. Haha.

怒った黒人 was embarrassing.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿