earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年7月21日月曜日

Can I teach English in Japan for a year, straight out of high school? -

I am wanting to learn Japanese and major in it, but I ve heard that you can get paid to teach English in Japan, even if you don t know Japanese, for a year or two straight out of high school. Are these just exaggerated claims or is there really options like this? If anyone could, give me some reputable sources if they can. Thanks.

There are ways you can get jobs in Japan for teaching...but for the most part, you need a college degree to get a good one. And the degree has to be in the field you want to get the job in. My husband has a degree in psychology, but he wanted to get a job teaching in Japan...he speaks very good Japanese! he took a language aptitude test and got a really good score but since his degree was not in teaching he had trouble finding a good paying job.

You don t need to be able to speak Japanese, however I would recommend a qualification or two. Ideally a Degree + TESL/TEFL Certificate. At worst, just a Cert. And ask yourself this, how would you feel about one of your high school teachers not having any qualifications other than a high school cert?

Yes, actually. A teacher of mine said her friends went over to Japan when they were out of college to teach English and I don t believe none of them knew Japanese at all. I don t know any sources for you though. Sorry and g luck.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿