earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年1月19日土曜日

Do I need a passport while traveling from Honolulu to Guam with a layover in Japan? -

I understand Guam is US soil but do you ever need passports for layovers? I m only in Japan for three hours. But I m pretty sure in order to get on a plane to Japan in Honolulu, you need a passport regardless. I m so confused... I don t usually travel and never considered to get a passport and I m leaving in too short of time to get one. I m confused about when you need or don t need passports. Thanks for any information! I m just trying to be sure so I m not stuck anywhere.

The other answerer said he thinks you need a passport for Guam..he is mistaken...it is a territory of the U.S. so you don t need a passport. As to needing one for your layover in Japan, I think the best thing to do is call the airline and ask them. If a passport is needed, they would require it before boarding. To get passport information, go to the website below.

I m stationed here in Guam... and if you have a layover in Japan you need a passport, they will ask you for one in the terminal... I have to show mine every time I go home on leave... the only time that you wont need a passport flying into Guam is if you fly from Hawaii to Guam... Report Abuse

Any time you travel outside of the US you need a passport. I believe that includes US territories such as Guam. And you shouldn t need one for the layover since you won t be leaving the airport, but it s still a good idea to get one anyway.

Into AND out of Guam, no matter if you re heading to the states via Japan, Hawaii, Philippines or wherever, you need a passport. Yes, you need a passport. Going into Guam from the US Mainland, you ll usually either pass through Hawaii or Japan. Both require a passport because you will be travelling internationally. Although Guam is part of the US, it is not a state, and is regarded as an overseas destination that requires a federal ID. So the last US State you go through (Hawaii) will want to see your passport. And through Japan, anywhere thats not theirs of course will be international. Its all the same leaving as well...

Get a passport. Read the following, specifically under quot;Notesquot;: Guam: Passport amp; visas Passports Required, but NOT by the following: 1) Nationals of United States holding proof of citizenship including a valid picture ID amp; an original birth certificate amp; arriving/departing to/from an United States destination Notes: Citizens of United States entering or exiting Guam in possession of an ID card in lieu of a passport will be detained until verification can be obtained as to the status of their United States citizenship

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿