earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年1月21日月曜日

Where can I exchange currency in Japan and for what cost? -

I will be traveling to Japan this summer and need to exchange currency. My bank charges me 7% plus a Delivery fee to get foreign currency. I was told I can exchange it for free once I am there. Does anyone know if the Sapporro airport has a currency exchange facility, or will I need to go to a bank once I am there?

?Cash and travelers checks can be exchanged in banks, post offices and currency exchange bureau. Banks are usually open Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm. ☆Travelers checks offer the best exchange rate. There is always a small fee for exchanging your dollar to yen, but NOT as high as 7%. (WOW!) International airports usually always have FOREIGN EXCHANGE counters/areas. You can exchange for cash or travelers checks, but CASH (yen) is best to use while in Japan. Major credit cards are accepted in the larger hotels and stores, but most Japanese operate with cash. (I have been to some Ryokan, restaurants and shops that were quot;cash onlyquot;.) If you will be at the quot;New Chitose Airportquot;, check this site: Click quot;Qamp;Aquot;- http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/langua... Hope this helps! Have a great time.?

When you plan your trip to Japan, you better prepare enough japanese yen before you get on the plane. What I remember when I went to Tokyo from Guam and I got only US$ with me, I went to the biggest bank branch in Shibuya, most of the staff in the bank don t speak English, they requested me to fill in a form and showed them my passport, plus the exchange rate was very bad. It took me more than 40 mins, and I speak flurent Japanese. So, if you couldn t speak the language, it would be a lot troublesome. My advice is .. bring along at least 2 credit cards and enough japanese yen (at least 80,000 Yen for a 7 days trip) with you. I wish you good luck and have a nice trip.

7% plus a Delivery fee? Where are you from? I think you are US citizen. You bring US doller in cash to airport. and most bank in Japan accept US doller. If you are staying a while and bring some big money, eg.$3,000, the exchange rate of T/C, travellers checkquot;, is cheaper than cash.

in japan when you get off the plane, geez just ask the workers there when you land. and all airports have places to exchange currency.

Most of the larger bank office should, but I think the quot;cheapest wayquot; would be asking your current bank now and find their branch or partner bank in Japan.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿