earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年1月19日土曜日

Why did I have to contribute to the national pension and unemployment schemes in Japan? -

I was there on a working visa, which meant that if I became unemployed or retired, my visa would be invalid and I would have to leave. I understand paying tax - I did use some public services, walk/drive on well-lit roads etc. However, since I was ineligible to receive unemployment benefit or pension in Japan, why did I have to pay for these from my salary?

That sounds kind of strange. I wonder what company you worked for? Maybe not a reliable one. By law (though most companies try to escape) you must be enrolled on Unemployment insurance. Your company, by law, must pay half. Your visa would NOT have become invalid if you stopped working...at least for a short period of time. I think you may not have been told the truth about the deductions or lack thereof. Something does not sound right.

It is not dodgy company dealings. It is fixed by the law. The system is, young generation pay for the today s elder generation. It is different from the western pension system. It is based on the 和 wa ideology, harmony among people. The system was started to save old generation after WW2. cos they couldn t save their money. And it has been continued until now. Anyway there is no room for argument unless you were the diet member. You have to pay for the pension, unemployment insurance, and health insurance. Stay or leave, chooose ot not to choose. And if you are US citizhen, US and Japan pension can be add together. The law changed several years ago. Japaense resident officer who ever lived in the US ask this system. But they has to submit to US by them selves. Rowan: It is simple. cos you are choosing living in Japan. You have to follow Japan system. If you moved to another counry, it is the same. If you expect pension, why don t you go back to your country? Anyway you better check your home country s system. Maybe you can add together Japan s pension and yours. And I have seen some westerners (whites) are coming to the unemployee insurance office to receive money. It works even for expats.

You did good, man. Working people contribute to currently retired. When you retire, somebody will (or won t) be working for you. Maybe even a Japanese?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿