earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年3月18日火曜日

How can I find someone in Japan? -

I have an old address and phone number of a friend in Japan I lost contact with about 6 years ago. I tried sending a letter and it was returned, I called and it was a different person. So I am sure that my friend moved. Now that I am in Japan I really want to meet. Is there any way to find my friend? Maybe the city office where they lived can tell me where they moved to? I searched the name through yahoo and google but found nothing. Thank you for trying to help!

phone book?... or pay some local to do so... :)

Call 104 while in Japan.. NTT directory..recently you can say the address in english and if ur lucky they might switch you to an operator who speaks a little english..........sometimes a little is better than zero

What about the white pages?

Maybe the city ward office, but that is private information. Maybe their neighbors?

I believe you can find your friend, first go to the old address location and ask your old friend s neighbors, they might got an information before he/she left the place. Second, try to place an ad to any bilingual magazines that are distributed free around Tokyo.. Next, ask any Japanese that have the same last name that your friend has, it might lead to the person you are looking for.. Though Japan has millions of people, it is a small world meeting people that you don t expect to see there and it happened to me when I was there.. I have met lots of wonderful people that I did not have the chance to meet in any places that I have been.. Good luck!

That is a tough question. First of all, do you speak much Japanese? That would help of course. Second, it depends on how popular this person s name is. It could be like trying to find someone named Mike Smith in America. You could check with the local library(toshokan). I think they have copies of phonebooks (and other records maybe?) If nothing else they may be able to help you do your search. Good luck. I have a lost freind over there myself. Gambatte Kudasai mata sayonara.

NTT has phone books from across the country at some of their offices. If you could get all phone #s for Japan on CD-rom that would make it easier. It s not easy.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿