earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年3月21日金曜日

Hows the party planning industry like in Japan? -

Any idea how a foreigner can get a job in party planning in Japan?

I d try checking around the events departments in major hotels. Space is generally at a premium in people s homes and offices in most cities in Japan so the market for private party planning would be niche at best (no pun intended). Most people go to hotels for their personal events, so your expertise would likely be welcome. Try location searching through the hotel websites to see which hotels are in the Japanese cities you intend to visit; ie www.starwoodhotels.com would list which and how many of its 8 brands of hotels are found in Japan. If you didn t know already, weddings are huge business in Japan. Before I was familiar with this fact, I was once in a Japanese hotel somewhat bemused by an explosion of white taffeta and chiffon from a nearby function room, in an otherwise sedate corporate hotel - until I saw the sign at the door that said something like quot;buraidaru conbenshiyonquot; - even ignoramus me got it... And now every hotel I visit advertises its bridal services. Thinking outside the box a bit though... if you like organising people creatively, would you consider a move to something that might have a bit of demand in Japan, given the small spaces everyone lives in? Not sure what you call them, but there are these people who go and de-clutter people s houses and maximise their use of storage space - I reckon this would go down a treat in Japan. Let me know if you need a financial partner, I would love to share in the profit!

I dont think there is really a market for it. People do not entertain in their homes. And they dont usually rent out halls for parties. For large gatherings, they usually go to a restaurant and get a large party room with the set party course. Weddings, births, etc. dont have as many parties surrounding it as other cultures.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿