earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年9月25日木曜日

Does anyone know how I can become a chef in japan or where I should start? -

I am currently going to Culinary school and am going to be graduating next year. I would like to persue a career as a chef in Japan. I do speak limited Japanese, but there really isn t any place to learn where I live.

Well, I am sure japan has some great places for you to learn. First you should take some more Japanese classes. After that go to the big cities and look for a job or internship.

Language is very important in Japan. Probably 99% of Japanese chefs don t understand English. Continue to study Japanese. Also learn about Umami. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami This is called 5th gustation. And all Japanese people have this gustatory sensation.

Most of the Japanese chef starts from a pupil or schools. Some foreigners are invited from abroad after became famous in their country. But one of the website said to get a visa as a chef, you need over 10 years of experience. If you want to open your own restaurant in the future, you need license. Some schools accept foreigners but it seems you should be able to speak fluent Japanese at a certain level. http://www.nakamura-s.com/foreigners.htm... I m not a chef so maybe it s better to ask non-Japanese chef in Japan or ask schools about career as a foreigner.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿