earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年9月16日火曜日

What monthly budget would you recommend when living in Japan? -

I will be attending a university in Tokyo, Japan next year. Aside from my tuition fees, how much do you think I d need on a monthly basis? The dorm I will be staying at (walking distance from school) costs 39,000-50,000 yen per month. Any advice? Thanks! :D

If you exclude housing, 100,000 yen is reasonable amount for 1 month for a young student in Tokyo. It depends on how often you eat out or you cook by yourself to reduce your living cost. Cooking is cheaper.

I used to live in Tokyo as a student. Like most of the answers already submitted, it really depends on how much you go out, I was fortunate to have gone to school in Shinjuku, but lived outside the city, so the temptations of going all out and spending my money on shopping in Akihabara, or Harajuku, were not there. I probably spend around $30 a day, saved money by buying a train pass, but that set me back $150, price may vary depending on how far of a commute you have. Most of your weekday expenditures will consist of food at restaurants(avoid going to family dine i places, very expensive, I would reccommend eating local stuff, much cheaper and yummier, if thats even a word). And some of your weekday expenditures will also consist of drinks(from vending machines or 7-i holding/convenient stores) and snacks. I would highly recommend you go to the Ito-Yokado for grocery shopping, you will save tons of money if you cook at home. Most of your huge spending will be on the weekends if you take little excursions out into the city. Be careful with that, it might seem a little harmless but heck I remember spending well over $2000 at an electronic store(yodobashi). It also helps to register for there little point cards! They really come in handy, but I only recommend this if your Japanese is really good, otherwise you might have some trouble filling in the paperwork. Dont do overkill on the weekends, expect to spend around $50-100 per weekend if you go out to have fun, and maybe once in awhile buy yourself something nice, like cool fashionable clothing, or some electronic gadget you wont need, but must have. I would recommend around 4000 a month, but Ive seen students live on $8000 for 3months. Well have fun!

Except tuition and dorm expense, you better count more than 3000yen everyday for living(including some insurance). In addition transportation to other place than university shall cost you have to pay too unless by foot or bicycle. Many students from foreign countries often take part-time jobs with working permission. You shall have to go to cut or wave your hair too.

one million dollars a month.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿