earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年9月27日土曜日

I was born in Japan to American parents and would like to know if I am eligible for Japanese citizenship? -

My father was in the military, stationed in Japan. After three years we returned to America. I had to get an alien certificate to enter America, now I would like my Japanese citizenship as well.

I have a daughter who was just born here in Japan (not on a military base), and the only way that she is even vaguely eligible for Japanese citizenship is if my husband and I die before registering her as a South African citizen. Even if you were born in Japan, you have to naturalize like everyone else. Even then, if you are granted citizenship you will have to relinquish any other citizenships (such as your American one) in order to be granted Japanese citizenship.

No.....You was born in Japan to American parents, mostly likely on the US base = US soil!!!! Very Important: quot;Japanese citizenshipquot; follows the principle of jus sanguinis (by parentage). Non-Japanese immigrants and their descendants, even if they were born in Japan, remain foreigners unless they go through the process of naturalization.

Actually, you are in the same predicament as Ken Tanaka. http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=awiW8UC3CW... He was born in Japan to American parents. You can check the link for his story.

NO, Japan don t go by automatic birthright citizenship

Yeah. If you were actually born in Japan, you are eligible for Japanese citizenship.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿