earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年9月26日金曜日

What is the best way to handle money when Im in Japan? -

I m going to be travelling around Japan for five weeks soon and I was wondering how other people kept their money safe....I m backpacking so I ll be staying in hostels.

You don t really need to worry about being mugged, unless you are walking alone in a dark unsafe street with huge gold and diamond accessories. When you are in a crowded area like in a train car, you might want to keep your wallet in the front pocket of your pants so that it won t be pickpocketed. You don t want to leave it in your bag or backpack. Not many stores, including restaurants, accept credit cards even in Tokyo, so it ll always be a good idea to keep like ~20,000 Yen in your wallet. You can withdraw cash using your credit card from most ATMs, I believe.

Japan is not like the US and Europe. Hotels may refuse the person who don t have a reservation. And a hitchhike is not popular in Japan. It is very difficult even for Japanese. If there are PLUS or Cirrus marks on the back of your cash card, you can withdraw cash at Post office and 7-11. Do not assume Japan is a part of the west. Japan is Asian country.

I m not sure about other people, but I kept my money in my bank. I guess it depends on the bank, but I can access money in my bank account from just about anywhere. You might not find this helpful, but that s what I did.

if you re worried about people stealing it, don t. Japan has pretty much the lowest crime rate in the world. If you re worried about losing it, keep it in one of those zipped pouched you wear around your neck.

The times that I have been to Tokyo I used a wallet with a chain in it.

im not sure i have never been but im going soon so let me know how that turns out ok thanks

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿