earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年5月24日土曜日

Does anyone know of a gift I could get for someone in Japan from the United Kingdom? -

I will need to be unique to my country and very very rare in Japan. Something Japanese people would be proud to have in the homes or as a gift. No food/food than came get through customs and be preserved for about 3 weeks. Serious answers only please. Best answer gets 10 points :-) Thanks.

I am in a similar situation. I am going on a short research trip to Japan, and want to take a small gift to give to the people who i will be working with to thank them for their help and hospitality. I have been told that a small pretty ornament, especially if it shows somthing quintesentially English will be well recieved. I was also told that small bag of good quality sweets or chocolates may go down well, but of course there can be problems with customs there!

All depends on your budget: - If they can accept alcohol, then you could get them a bottle of high quality Scottish Whiskey... perhaps one of the less well known brands as in Japan they will have all the big names already! - Something from Wedge-wood! Perhaps something that can only be bought in-store, surely they won t export everything! Just make sure you REALLY wrap it well... and hand carry it! - Japan have their own version of Burberry (yes, it s still fashionable over there) - however, their version is known as blue-label and has a slightly lower quality and price then original Burberry (that s if they haven t sold it to China yet)! - Failing that, any combination of the above and just make sure you have a few typical souvenirs to give em: Tins with the London Underground printed on them and stuff like that!

I am Japanese and used to live in he UK. Some people like the British cottages of Lilliput Lane. They are pretty and show English countryside well. The items from the National Trust are very English and the girls love their items. The goods of British stories (such as Alice, Pooh, Peter Rabbit, etc) always remind me of the UK, like Alice s chess set, Pooh s photo frame, etc. We (Japanese) use a different type of thimbles from the European ones. (ours is like a ring.) I didn t know what it was at first. You have decorative thimbles which are very pretty. I gave thimbles to all my Japanese female friends when I returned to Japan for the first time. Good Luck!

I m assuming that you are in the U.K. And since you want to get a gift for someone that is in Japan that is from the U.K., well, wouldn t you know what they would want?? I mean, I m from the States, and my friends who come to visit usually bring golf balls, golf apparel, Skoal/Red Seal and Jolly Ranchers. That s just because they know what I like or need. Should work the same way with you.

Send some photos of famous English landmarks to http://www.paintyourlife.com to be turned into unique handmade paintings that can be hung up in a room.You can even have them deliver it direct to the person you want. The same company also makes wonderful photo prints on canvas in various designs. Visit http://www.photo-print-on-canvas.com

Japanese can get everything all over the world nowadays if they want. Harrods small things like shopping bag(Knightsbridge) itself is very popular and valueable as gift for Japanese even though those are sold at Japan.

something native to your country and unique to people in Japan

ANYTHING to do with GOLF!! a golf ball from Wentworth..

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿