earn-moneyearn-moneyForexcancer

2008年6月19日木曜日

If I want to be a transfer student in Japan, how old do I have to be, and could I do it during high school? -

I want to study in Japan, but can I do it during high school? Do any of you know a good site where I can check out info on being an exchange/transfer student? Or a Japan school website? Do I need to know a lot of Japanese to go there or are there International schools?

Well, there are a number of organizations you could go to (being in high school isn t much of a problem; just make sure you can catch up/get all your credits for whichever semester you miss). It would be advisable to know some Japanese, but your language proficiency varies between each organization. YFU - Youth for Understanding - yfu.ca Apparently this place is pretty good; a friend of mine went on an exchange to Japan with this organization, and she said it was amazing. It s worth a look, but I haven t been able to find their prices yet.. Up to age 18 AFS - http://afs.org/afs_or/home We hosted an exchange student from Japan, and she went with this organization. It was only for 1 month, but it was great! However, you will have to pay about $4 000 and fundraise $2 000 on top of that. I think there are scholarships though .. not sure of the age limit, but I m pretty sure it s open to high school students from Canada ISEC - International Student Exchange Canada - http://www.iseontario.on.ca/ I am very sure that they are doing an exchange to Japan, but I don t much for sure... it doesn t say anything on their website that I found, but it might still be worth a look.. also don t know the age limit.. and it s open to high school students YRLC - York Region Learning Connections http://yrlc.on.ca/ I found this one kicking around in an International Programs list... If you re in high school, you may be able to do this one; just check with whichever board you are with and you should be able to get a bit of info. From what I gathered (from outside sources) they set you up in a Japanese high school as well (for 1 semester) and pay for uniforms, registration, etc. But I could be wrong about this one.. I think you may have to apply 1 year early though. I think (not sure) the age limits are 14 - 17 yrs for this one Please email me at flower.fox38@hotmail.com if you find any others! Good luck!

yes you can go to become a transfer student during high school, but first check if your school lets you do that. A great website is www.twoworldsunited.com, sorry i do not know a japan school website, but you could search it on google.com. Also it would be great if you knew Japanese, but some programs require you to have taken two years of that language. :-)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿